Job growth, low mortgage rates, rising rents and a relatively inexpensive housing stock. These are just some of the playful teases in the burlesque revue that is today’s market recovery. Another week passed with buyers displaying no signs of slowing down. In general, sellers are discovering a less-intimidating scene, and buyers are reveling in the showy marketplace. As expected, spring’s warming glow continues to fuel optimism and consumer activity. But that won’t necessarily be the case in every area or segment, so do your research before making that move.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending April 14:
- New Listings decreased 9.5% to 1,637
- Pending Sales increased 25.5% to 1,170
- Inventory decreased 27.8% to 17,384
For the month of March:
- Median Sales Price increased 7.1% to $149,900
- Days on Market decreased 9.6% to 145
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 3.8% to 92.1%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 38.0% to 4.7
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.
Leave a Reply