Gains in construction activity and job growth have made the Fed confident that moderate bond tapering won’t rock the resilient real estate market. Holiday happenings have bolstered an already healthy economy. And though winter vacation jubilee may accentuate seasonally lazy home sales, most local markets should show cozy year-over-year comparisons.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 21:
- New Listings decreased 15.3% to 558
- Pending Sales decreased 11.0% to 689
- Inventory decreased 7.3% to 13,283
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 13.4% to $195,000
- Days on Market decreased 26.5% to 75
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.3% to 95.4% Months Supply of Inventory decreased 11.1% to 3.2
All comparisons are to 2012
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.From The Skinny.