Holiday decorations have debuted in department stores across the nation (really?), and their mere presence just might affect housing activity for those prone to a good winter hunker. Comparisons to year-ago levels will show improvement and recovery, even as general activity will likely slow through the rest of 2013. With rates seemingly in a continuous go-low zone, the thrifty buyer and willing seller will still meet for transactional tea.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending October 26:
- New Listings increased 16.4% to 1,209
- Pending Sales increased 10.4% to 974
- Inventory decreased 3.1% to 16,211
For the month of September:
- Median Sales Price increased 11.7% to $195,000
- Days on Market decreased 29.7% to 71
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.7% to 96.4%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 14.0% to 3.7
All comparisons are to 2012
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.From The Skinny.