Housing isn’t just housing. That may have a strange ring to it. But housing includes building, inspecting, remodeling, lending, refinancing, furnishing and a host of other functions tied to the physical space of home. Each of these functions is tied to job growth and interest rates, and each has seen some spectacular highs and lows over the past eight years. There has been a recent sense of stability brewing in all of housing. Here’s to making the most of it.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending July 13:
- New Listings increased 25.1% to 1,921
- Pending Sales increased 26.5% to 1,352
- Inventory decreased 15.6% to 15,390
For the month of June:
- Median Sales Price increased 17.5% to $210,000
- Days on Market decreased 34.5% to 74
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 2.5% to 97.5%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 25.0% to 3.6
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.From The Skinny.