This year has brought sustained turnaround in a variety of areas and market segments. It’s why many in the housing industry are optimistic about 2013. Attractive mortgage rates, affordable inventory and a healing jobs picture give reason to believe that year-over-year improvements will continue into and after the traditional holiday slowdown.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 1:
- New Listings increased 0.7% to 1,019
- Pending Sales increased 18.6% to 977
- Inventory decreased 29.0% to 14,260
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 16.9% to $173,000
- Days on Market decreased 25.9% to 103
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 3.7% to 94.3%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 40.6% to 3.4
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.