For Week Ending June 11, 2016
The pace of new homes being built is slower than necessary to keep inventory figures up, especially in a time with plenty of demand. However, building permits are active and low mortgage rates continue to provide opportunity for the residential real estate market to continue to be a pillar of the national economic profile.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending June 11:
- New Listings decreased 0.3 percent to 2,056
- Pending Sales decreased 7.1% to 1,370
- Inventory decreased 19.2% to 13,869
For the month of May:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.8% to $236,900
- Days on Market decreased 21.1% to 60
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.1% to 98.6%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 26.3% to 2.8
All comparisons are to 2015
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.