New Year’s resolutions may have already faded out, but the housing market is just getting started. Even though it may take a while for new trends to emerge, the housing crisis that was a bear a few years ago has been making mostly positive gains as of late. The common thought is that this will be another year of recovery and further stabilization. Onward and upward it is.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 17:
- New Listings increased 8.3% to 1,073
- Pending Sales increased 14.6% to 668
- Inventory decreased 6.8% to 12,027
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.2% to $200,000
- Days on Market increased 3.5% to 89
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.6% to 94.1%
- Months Supply of Inventory remained flat at 2.9
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.