Ye olde 2014 data will likely be retrospective analysis for the next few months, but 2015 is already stirring up rumors of potential trends as we charge into the new year. The buzzworthy hot topic, low interest rates, should keep bolstering home sales as it is speculated to become a friendlier market in the coming year for many types of buyers.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 3:
- New Listings decreased 18.6% to 551
- Pending Sales increased 9.1% to 553
- Inventory decreased 4.0% to 12,821
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.2% to $200,000
- Days on Market increased 3.5% to 89
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.6% to 94.1%
- Months Supply of Inventory remained flat at 2.9
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.