Trendsetters in economic analysis have lately been choosing comparative figures between the present and 2007 as the must-have items of the season. Comparing recent data on unemployment, spending habits and housing starts to the vintage days of 2007 are opening up the conversation of the economy’s future. Recovery is in style and may even continue as we dive headlong into the heart of the winter months.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 6:
- New Listings decreased 4.4% to 849
- Pending Sales increased 5.7% to 815
- Inventory decreased 0.9% to 14,806
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.1% to $205,000
- Days on Market increased 5.3% to 79
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.7% to 94.7%
- Months Supply of Inventory increased 8.8% to 3.7
All comparisons are to 2013
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.