The yellow brick road to complete housing recovery has the trees whispering of rising home prices and low inventory. Luckily, these trees won’t throw apples at us. Even though improvements appear flat in nature as we progress through each month, year-over-year comparisons still show encouraging overall trends. The full splendor of Emerald City (and Emeraldville, Emeraldton, Emerald Township, etc.) is just a skip and a song away.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending May 24:
- New Listings increased 3.9% to 1,870
- Pending Sales decreased 3.0% to 1,294
- Inventory increased 5.6% to 15,957
For the month of April:
- Median Sales Price increased 7.5% to $196,158
- Days on Market decreased 9.3% to 88
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.1% to 95.9%
- Months Supply of Inventory increased 2.9% to 3.5
All comparisons are to 2013
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny.